OUR COMMITMENT TO THE COMMUNITY BEGAN IN 1972.
On April 26, 1972, thirty charter members of the Club were recognized as the “new” club on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. On May 6, 1972, the Club was presented its charter at the Commander Hotel in Ocean City Maryland as the newest club in the Maryland District of Optimist International. Charter president John Lynch received the charter and the story began.
- Officers 10/2018-9/2019
- President: Charles Smith
- VP: Bill Hickey, Stan Randall
- Secretary: Roger Pacella
- Treasurer: Joe Hammen
- Past President: Steve Acton
- Sgt at Arms: Carol Dorman
- Editor: Christina Dolomount Brown
- Board: Rich Dalton, Charles Dorman, Lew Frey, Mel Jones, George Mastrogianis Bill Sheridan
The Optimist Creed
- Promise Yourself
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To take health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.