OUR COMMITMENT TO THE COMMUNITY BEGAN IN 1972.
On April 26, 1972, thirty charter members of the Club were recognized as the “new” club on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. On May 6, 1972, the Club was presented its charter at the Commander Hotel in Ocean City Maryland as the newest club in the Maryland District of Optimist International. Charter president John Lynch received the charter and the story began.
- Officers 10/2021-9/2022
- President: Charles Smith
- Vice Presidents: George Solyak, Christina Dolomount Brown
- Secretary: Roger Pacella
- Treasurer: Joe Hammen
- Past President: Bill Hickey
- Sgt at Arms: Ernie Waton
- Call Committee. Maxine Brisbane
- Editor: Christina Dolomount Brown
- Board: Charles Dorman, Larry Campbell, Steve Acton, Melva Middleton, Sharon Sorrentino, Walt Lischak
The Optimist Creed
- Promise Yourself
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To take health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.